November 7, 2014

Yosemite 2014: Day

Loading...

Technically it's my second vacation of intern year, but it feels like the first (the actual first took place on like the third week). 

I've been to Yosemite several times, but all in the context of Axline trips to Half Dome. I hiked that trail as a prefrosh and proceeded to take other freshmen there each summer for the next three summers. Those trips were always stressful efforts to herd lost freshmen around, and in any case they predated my interest in photography.

So Joanne and I dragged my parents up to Yosemite, this time more for photography and sightseeing than aggressive hiking. It is an amazingly target rich environment, although an obvious issue is that each potential subject has been photographed a million times. I've tried to mitigate this somewhat by weeding out most of the "canonical" shots.