October 15, 2015

Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula



October was a travel-heavy month for me. I burned two of my annual four weeks of vacation on October, for the purpose of having some time to interview for fellowships and to do a little exploration while I was at it. I loved my UW interview - great program, fun faculty, and an interview that felt more like a research brainstorming session than anything else.

Joanne flew up after my interview and we drove out to the Olympic Peninsula. Unfortunately we were scheduled to drive out on the one rainy day of the entire week of sunny days. I guess that really brings out the flavor of the rain forest - the hall of mosses was really cool, and frankly a little scary under heavy rain. A little atypical color temperature adjustment made for some cool shots, in addition to the routinely-pretty photos of Mt. Ranier.